Valley Cartage (only) Freezable Policy for 2014-2015 in effect as of November 7, 2014
The following freezable policy has been established to ensure proper protection and movement of freezable merchandise during the coming winter months.
- Overnight Points – Monday thru Thursday
- 2nd Day Points – Monday thru Wednesday
Valley Cartage will NOT accept FREEZABLES on Fridays and any day preceding a Holiday.
2. Palletized Freight
- Valley Cartage will NOT accept product requiring protection unless tendered to Valley Cartage on a pallet.
- The body of the Bill of Lading must be clearly marked “FREEZABLE”.
- The pallet must be clearly labeled “FREEZABLE”.
4. Temperature Control
- Valley Cartage will NOT accept shipments requiring specific temperature control (example – Maintain at 45 degrees or similar notations).
5. Extreme Conditions
- Valley Cartage will not accept freezable freight in extreme conditions.
Valley cartage reserves the right to delay delivery of certain freezable shipments. If there is a choice between delivering the shipment on time and exposing it to freezing or to protect the shipment with a delay of delivery – Valley Cartage chooses to protect and delay.